South African Currency
The local currency is the South African Rand.
Most major international credit cards such as American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa are widely accepted.
How to get to Umganu Lodge
Guests have the following options:
- Self Drive to Umganu Lodge (+- 4.5 hours from Johannesburg).
- Fly into Nelspruit airport and then either rent a car or charter a helicopter into Umganu Lodge.
- Fly into Skukuza Airport where we offer a transfer to Umganu lodge at a cost of R1600-00 one way.
For Charter options into Umganu lodge please contact Seasons in Africa. For more information, you can visit their website http://www.seasonsinafrica.com/
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in is from 14:00 and check-out by 11:00.
South Africa has a large network of hospitals that offer excellent services.
There is a paramedic on the reserve at Elephant Point. You will be informed about the procedure when arriving at Umganu Lodge.
Please ensure that you have adequate health insurance as a safety precaution when traveling to South Africa.
Low-risk malaria area
Umganu Lodge is in a low-risk malaria area. We highly recommend that you consult with your doctor before travel.
South Africa has seasons that are opposite to Europe and North America.
Summer months are from October – April with temperatures ranging from 28-35 degrees Celsius.
Winter months are from May – September with temperatures ranging from 16-25 degrees Celsius.
The Lowveld experiences a low annual rainfall which mostly occur during the summer months.
What to bring
- Suntan lotion
- Hat/cap / Sunglasses
- Comfortable boots/walking shoes
- Comfortable and casual clothing
- Warm jackets especially for game drives
- Camera and memory cards
- Your daily Medication
- Bathing costume as our pool is heated
- Please note that there is NO smoking allowed at Umganu Lodge.
- Fire: 013 752 6419 | 082 566 2728
- Security : 082 949 3974
- Skukuza Police: 013 735 9000
- Medical emergency: Marius : 073 744 5442 | 079 138 8184
- Ambulance: 082 045 6910 | 084 124
- Estate Manager: 079 494 1180